Thinking of selling your home in the New Year? Follow our top three tips on getting your house ready to maximise your home’s impact – and your sell price.
Now that you are finally getting a bit of down-time over the holiday break, you can make the most of this opportunity to prepare your home for sale.
Here are three very simple things you can do to your home to improve its buyer appeal:
- Declutter – selling your home gives you a great reason to go through your possessions and decide what stays and what goes. This clears the way for you to start the cleaning and sprucing process, too. Hire a skip, donate to charity, give away to family and friends, and you’ll soon feel as light as a feather and ready to sell!
- Make it delightful – you know you’ve done a brilliant job getting your house ready for sale when it looks so good that you don’t want to sell anymore! It’s easy to get jaded about your home, so try hard to see it through fresh eyes, and identify key things you can do to improve its external appearance. Simple things like a lick of paint on the fence can make all the difference.
- Rearrange and decorate – very few people live in a display home. You adapt your home to how you live. Sometimes that means your home might be homely rather than attractive. Once you’ve decluttered, freshen things up and add some nice touches. Steam clean the carpets and rugs. Add stylish cushions to the couch. Something as simple as fresh flowers in a vase can brighten up a place.
At Compton Green, we know how stressful this process can be, especially at this time of year, so we want to make it easier for you!
If you list your property for sale or auction with Compton Green during December 2019 (don't worry, you won't have to get it ready to sell until January), we'll provide you with complimentary marketing, with options which could include:
● 3D interactive floor plan
● listing on comptongreen.com.au
● Email marketing
● Ad creation, including property profile and
● Social media marketing
Get in touch to find out more about this offer and we will come and see you to give you personalised advice on how to prepare your home for sale.
P.S. This offer is up to the value of $900 and the home must be listed online before January 15, 2020 to receive it.